MMF is a larvicide and pupicide
with a unique physical mode of action rather than chemical toxicity. It is
ideally suited for mosquito control programs as it can be used in a wide range
of habitats from fresh water to salt water and it's even labeled for use in
Poly (oxy-1,2-ethanediyl), α-(C16-20
branched and linear alkyl)-ω-hydroxy (100%). AGNIQUE MMF is a
biodegradable, alcohol ethoxylated surfactant.
Mode of Action:
AGNIQUE MMF produces an invisible monomolecular film that rapidly
spreads over the surface of standing water habitats. This film interrupts the
critical air/water interface (surface tension) in the mosquito's larval and
pupal development cycle causing them to drown. AGNIQUE MMF is highly effective
and has the unique ability to spread quickly and completely across the water's
surface. When the correct amount has been applied, there will be no breaks or
gaps in the film; preventing mosquito emergence. Because the layer is thin,
larvae can still temporarily penetrate the film to get air allowing for them to
survive for up to 5 days. Mortality rate is somewhat dependent on life cycle
stage. Larvae are typically killed within 48 to 72 hours, however some species,
and under certain environmental conditions (such as cool temperatures when
development is slow) larval control may take upwards of 120 hours. Water
temperature will affect oxygen demands and rate of maturation thus slowing control.
Pupae are typically controlled within 24 - 72 hours and any pupae that attempt to
emerge will be controlled due to the presence of the film.
Where/When to use:
AGNIQUE MMF can be applied to any mosquito habitat with standing water using
any conventional spraying methods. Typical sites where the product has been proven
effective include wetlands, salt marshes, abandoned swimming pools, swamps, catch
basins, and roadside ditches, woodland pools, flooded pastured, rice field and many
- AGNIQUE MMF Liquid is available in 2x2.5 gl cs, 12x1 liter cs, 53 gl plastic dr and
263 gl returnable tote
- AGNIQUE MMF G Pak 35 is available in 400 water soluble pouches cs
- No need to time application to a specific life stage - controls all immature
- Self Spreading formulation - means it covers the entire surface area without
having to physically apply it evenly.
- A significant advantage is that mosquitoes and midges cannot develop
resistance to AGNIQUE MMF because control is through a physical mode of action.
Another advantage of the physical mode of action is its effectiveness on all
- Low application rate per acre compared to Pupiciding oils: 0.35 to 1 gallon
per acre versus 3 to 5 gallons per acre.
- Provides residual control from 7 to 21 days for multi-brood control and
reduced application costs.
- Physical kill, no chemical toxicity.
- Non-toxic to fish and other aquatic organisms.
- No oily sheen; no odor; non-phytotoxic.
- No effect on dissolved oxygen, pH or conductivity of water.
- Leaves no residue.