is a biological larvicide
and provides selective, environmentally sound control of most mosquito and
Active Ingredient: Bacillus thuringiensis
Mode of Action:
The larvae ingest the insecticide, consisting of Bti
spores and crystalline toxins produced by the bacteria. Only when
activated by the larva's specific gut PH and enzymes, do the crystals
become toxic, causing damage to the gut of the mosquito. Mortality
rate is dependent on consumption of the Bti by 1st through early 4th
instar larvae. Higher application rates are recommended if 3rd and
early 4th instar larvae are predominant.
Where/When to use:
VECTOBAC can be used in several areas with standing
water. It can be used for treatment in ditches, floodwater, standing
ponds, livestock watering ponds and troughs, woodland pools, snow
melt pool, pastures, catch basins, storm water retention areas, tidal
water, salt marshes and rice fields. In addition, standing water
containing mosquito larvae, in fields growing crops such as alfalfa,
almonds, asparagus, corn, cotton, dates, grapes, peaches, sugar cane
and walnuts may be treated at the recommended rates.
- VECTOBAC 12 AS is available in 2x2.5 gl cs, 30 gl dr
and 264 gl tote
- VECTOBAC G is available in 40 lb bag
- VECTOBAC GR is available in 40 lb bag
- VECTOBAC GS is available in 40 lb bag
- VECTOBAC WDG is available in 24 lb bag
- Efficient control at relatively low doses.
- Safe use for operators, no risks for environment from
- No side effects towards non-target organisms.
- Protection of predator and parasitoid population
can provide additional pest control effect.
- The pests are less likely to become resistant.